Matters peculiar with the Third Sector and on which Bennett & Philp can advise include:-
- Fund raising laws and regulations;
- Gaming laws;
- The Australian Taxation regime relating to deductible gift recipient status, tax concessions for charities, and, State tax relief;
- Pre-publication advice on external communications;
- Board of Management/Directors’ duties;
- Meeting protocols;
- Volunteer agreements and waivers; and
- Vicarious liability for the actions of employees/volunteers.
Additionally Bennett & Philp has practice areas devoted to business including:
- Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Law
- Employment Law; and
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Our lawyers have acted for and represented Incorporated and Unincorporated Associations, schools, charities, charitable trusts and foundations. Many of our solicitors sit on Boards and Management committees in a pro-bono capacity and otherwise work in the Third Sector.