Our Corporate & Commercial Team specialise in assisting both Australian and international clients operating within the primary production and agribusiness industries.
Whether producers raise aquaculture, beef, dairy or poultry, grow broadhectare forrests or focus on cropping, our team of food and agribusiness professionals are able to offer global solutions and networks to the investors and owners that trade in this space.
Bennett & Philp Lawyers support producers and growers in providing a range of cross-firm legal services, including:
- Banking, investment and finance;
- Construction, infrastructure and equipment;
- Corporate advisory;
- Climate change and environmental compliance;
- Dispute resolution;
- Employment, workplace relations and WH&S;
- Farm succession;
- Financial recovery, turnarounds and debt or equity funding;
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) applications;
- Global investments and trade agreements;
- Government compliance and concessions;
- Intellectual property, licensing and quality control;
- Market entry, structures and expansion opportunities;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Mining agreements;
- Property and leasing transactions;
- Rural property purchases, sales, pastoral leasing, tenements and resumptions;
- Regulatory reporting and obligations;
- Risk management;
- Shareholder and partnership agreements;
- Tax and business structures, compliance and advice, and
- Water licenses.
"We assist our agribusiness clients in all aspects of their business development, market alliances and negotiations – both domestically and internationally.
Our Corporate & Commercial Team draws on our existing relationships with regulatory, business matching and government funding bodies to build commercially sound businesses and partnerships for our clients.
We can provide access to a broad cross-section of global industries, producers, distribution networks and initiatives.”
Michael Bigg - Director