We understand real property law and the impact it can have on airport developments.
Our Commercial Real Estate Team provides airports with the ability to capitalise on their tenures and holdings through future property development.
The Team has airport property experience in ground lease development, whole of building leases, commercial and industrial airport development, domestic and international terminal redevelopment and retail leasing, as well as commercial negotiations with passenger and freight carriers.
We are familiar with airport development requirements und the Airport Act and Regulations as well as the requirements of the Airport Building Controller.
Our Real Estate Director, Jacob Duane, has negotiated commercial contracts with:
- flight school operators;
- Australian and international airlines;
- national supermarkets, and
- retail chains.
Jacob understands the requirements placed on airport operators and how those requirements need to be reflected in commercial contracts.
The Bennett & Philp team's commercial airport infrastructure and development experience includes:
- Responsibility for the legal documentation and the negotiation of the then largest data centre development in the southern hemisphere. The project was particularly difficult due to the nature of the building specifications required and the design and construct components of the development.
- Development of a commercial airport revenue precedent suite: negotiated the leasing and other revenue precedents to be used for ground leases, whole of building leases, part of building leases as well as retail leases in the international and domestic terminal buildings. This included leases both landside and airside.
- Redevelopment of an airport parking building: provided development and operational advice on the building’s redevelopment.
- Retail leasing: managed the team responsible for the negotiation and finalisation of all retail leases within the international and domestic terminals at the Brisbane Airport.
- Airport retail precinct: assisting with the negotiation of leases and development of the golf course, airport hotel, Woolworths lease, multi-level car park development, as well as development and lease of the Australian Customs building.
- In-house counsel for major airport corporation: focusing on development, governance and risk management, and
- Shared airport advice: provided development advice to a regional airport shared with the Royal Australian Air Force.
Call us today on +61 7 3001 2999 to find out more about our airport infrastructure, development and retail leasing experience.