We have one of the most experienced bankruptcy and corporate insolvency teams of any Queensland law firm. Our team specialises in troubled company work-outs.
We act for the liquidators, bankruptcy trustee, voluntary administrators, private and Court appointed receivers, controllers, accounting firms, public, private companies, small financial institutions and company directors.
Our major areas of focus are:
- working with directors and business advisers to implement plans to resolve personal or corporate financial difficulties without the necessity of a formal insolvency appointment commonly know as "troubled company work-outs";
- should a "workout" not be possible, coming up with the best possible arrangement for creditors and the company and/or individuals involved in working through, advising on and preparing formal arrangements such as Deeds of Company Arrangement or personal insolvency agreements (also called Part 10’s);
- advising creditors on their prospects and recovery options in dealing with an insolvent debtor;
- acting for insolvency practitioners in selling business or assets and restructuring the business after they have been appointed; and
- taking all appropriate recovery actions on behalf of receivers, liquidators or bankruptcy trustees to recover property and/or funds so that they may be recovered for the benefit of creditors.
One of the biggest problems in any bankruptcy or insolvency matter is making sure you have enough time to save your company or business. If you find your business in financial difficulty or heading towards a crisis, call us immediately to find out how we may be able to assist in resolving your issues.
If you are concerned about facing the prospects of bankruptcy or insolvency, please contact Director Andrew Lambros on +61 7 3001 2999 for assistance, as a matter of priority.