Barbara has a wide range of general legal experience spanning most areas of practice. She has practised as a lawyer for more than 34 years.
Barbara's expertise includes:
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution – all aspects including:
- Partnership and company disputes;
- Property disputes, and
- Professional liability.
- Estate litigation – including:
- Family provision applications;
- Contesting Wills on testamentary capacity grounds;
- Statutory Wills;
- Rectification applications, and
- Trust disputes.
- Family law – including:
- Financial issues – providing advice, undertaking settlement negotiations, mediations and representing parties in contested applications;
- Binding financial agreements – drafting and advising on agreements made before, during and after marriage, and
- Parenting/children issues – advising, negotiating and representing parties in contested applications.
During her professional career Barbara has had wide and varied experience undertaking the role of executor of estates and as statutory trustee for sale of property.
Barbara focuses on establishing strong and long standing client relations. She currently acts for third generation members of families with whom she has had a professional association for over three decades, providing legal advice, guidance and action in respect of their personal, testamentary and business interests.