We have a great deal of experience in acting for all types of clients within the building and constuction industry, including:
- subcontractors and tradesmen;
- property developers;
- engineers and architects;
- banks, financiers and lending institutions, and
- suppliers of building materials, goods and services to the building and construction industry.
- Construction contracts and contractual advice;
- Contractual disputes;
- Lodging and defending adjudication claims and responses under the Building and Payments Act;
- Obtaining Judgments under the Building and Payments Act;
- Defending and issuing proceedings for defective work;
- Preparing and lodging Subcontractors' Charges claims;
- Court proceedings to enforcing Subcontractors' Charges;
- Acting for property developers, builders or other principals in defending Subcontractor’s Charges proceedings;
- Taking action against the Qyeensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) in licensing disputes and directions to rectify, and,
- Defending proceedings brought against professional service companies for negligence. We have successfully defended surveying, engineering and architectural companies.
- Acting for local councils and government bodies in roadwork construction disputes involving sums over $1 million;
- Advising builders, developers, subcontractors, bankers and financial institutions in dealing with insolvent trading matters during construction;
- Preparing tri partite building contract agreements between administrators, developers and bankers when a builder goes into administration during construction;
- Conducting contested building adjudication claims for large construction and development projects;
- Preparing upfront contractual advice including setting out appropriate terms and conditions;
- Defending claims brought against large engineering companies and architects for alleged negligence and defective work, and,
- Our Building and Construction LawTeam has acted in a number of high profile cases against the QBCC. We have successfully contested directions to rectify issued against builders, as well as, in cases of QBCC attempting to cancel building licenses.
Do you have a building and construction dispute? - Take advantage of our experience and contact us today.