Offering a full service construction litigation practice, our team’s experience includes construction law advice and litigation, as well as general contract law advice in relation to major construction agreements and project developments. Our clients include property developers, builders and local authorities.
We have been involved in a number of Building Payment Adjudications, trials against the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) and large commercial building disputes in the Supreme Court.
Our team's construction law coverage includes:
- Construction contracts and contractual advice;
- Contractual disputes;
- Lodging and defending adjudication claims and responses under the Building and Payments Act;
- Obtaining Judgments under the Building and Payments Act;
- Defending and issuing proceedings for defective work;
- Preparing, lodging, enforcing and defending Sub-Contractor Charges claims;
- Taking action against the QBCC in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) in licensing disputes and directions to rectify:
- Defending proceeding brought against professional service companies for negligence. We have successfully defended surveying, engineering and architectural companies, and
- Providing advice to Administrators of large building companies in administration, often with unfinished construction projects requiring completion.