Ideally people working in the not-for-profit, charities and school sector are following their chosen vocation or calling. Accordingly the employer/employee relationship carries a degree of sensitivity but nonetheless the terms of employment should be reduced to writing so that both parties to the contract are fully aware of the rights and obligations each has to the other.
Our Third Sector, Charities and Not-For-Profit Team at Bennett & Philp has particular expertise in:
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts and consultancy agreements;
- advising employers on their obligations under relevant legislation;
- advising on restraint of trade matters;
- advising on intellectual property issues arising in the employment context;
- advising on matters relating to performance management, and
- advising on all workplace discrimination issues.
The law relating to volunteers can be complex especially in the workplace, health and safety arena. Our Third Sector, Charities and Not-For-Profit Team can advise on any issues relating to the use of volunteers in an organisation.
If your organisation suspects that it has an employment issue, it is best to seek our specialist advice as soon as possible.