We have one of the most experienced corporate insolvency and bankruptcy teams of any Queensland law firm. Our team specialises in troubled company work-outs.
We act for the liquidators, bankruptcy trustee, voluntary administrators, private and Court appointed receivers, controllers, accounting firms, public, private companies, small financial institutions and company directors.
Our major areas of focus are:
- working with directors and business advisers to implement plans to resolve personal or corporate financial difficulties without the necessity of a formal insolvency appointment commonly know as "troubled company work-outs";
- should a "workout" not be possible, coming up with the best possible arrangement for creditors and the company and/or individuals involved in working through, advising on and preparing formal arrangements such as Deeds of Company Arrangement or personal insolvency agreements (also called Part 10’s);
- advising creditors on their prospects and recovery options in dealing with an insolvent debtor;
- acting for insolvency practitioners in selling business or assets and restructuring the business after they have been appointed; and
- taking all appropriate recovery actions on behalf of receivers, liquidators or bankruptcy trustees to recover property and/or funds so that they may be recovered for the benefit of creditors.
One of the biggest problems in any insolvency or bankruptcy matter is making sure you have enough time to save your company or business.
If you have an insolvency or bankruptcy query to discuss, please contact Director Andrew Lambros on +61 7 3001 2999 as a matter of priority. Our Insolvency and Bankruptcy Team may be able to assist you in resolving your issues.