Bennett & Philp has been at the forefront of protecting and defending the intellectual property rights of clients for over thirty years.
Bennett & Philp has been at the forefront of protecting and defending the intellectual property (IP) rights of clients for over thirty years.
The Bennett & Philp name can be found on the winning side of a high number of leading Australian Intellectual Property cases and precedents in law.
Our IP Team is recognised for our experience, industry awareness and the quality of work we deliver. Clients appreciate our direct, open and plain English advice and value our no-nonsense approach that produces sensible outcomes.
We represent companies of all sizes in all industries and are also committed to assisting small businesses and individuals. We act for multi-national companies and inventors, investors, manufacturers, start-up enterprises, retailers, banks, education providers, mining companies, chemists, engineers, performers and authors.
Bennett & Philp assist in the full life cycle of intellectual property development, commercialisation and prosecution, including drafting confidentiality, licensing and distribution agreements to the prosecution and defence of intellectual property infringement.
Many of our IP Team members have technical backgrounds which gives us an industry insight and awareness unparalleled in the legal industry.
Our intellectual property services include:
- Patent, trade marks, design and copyright rights infringement and litigation;
- Misleading or deceptive conduct and passing off;
- Commercialisation of intellectual property rights including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, licensing and distribution agreements;
- Protection and misuse of confidential information;
- IP asset protection and structuring;
- IP acquisitions and mergers; and
- Intellectual property employment issues including drafting employment agreements and disputes involving intellectual property and confidential information.
Because we understand that the cost of legal services can be uncertain we provide retainer and fixed fee agreements for specific matters.