Bennett & Philp Lawyers assists foreign investors investing into Australian ventures, capital markets and investment properties.
Navigating Australia’s often complex foreign investment regulations and taxation laws requires vast knowledge and a team of highly experienced advisors. At Bennett & Philp our experience in providing effective foreign investment legal solutions to international clients spans over three decades. Our team thinks differently and that is why we get the best results for our clients.
We are at the forefront of taxation law and rulings in Australia and ensure investors don’t pay any more taxes than they are legally obliged to pay.
Foreign investment clients of the firm include overseas investors, professional service firms,
joint-venture capitalists, retirement investors and wealthy individuals. On-shore clients include multinationals, public and private corporations and companies, accountants, bankers and financiers, property developers, investors and pastoralists, as well as small to medium enterprises, medical stakeholders and medium to high net worth individuals.
Our commercial, litigation and tax teams offer practical and pragmatic commercial advice at every stage of the foreign investment process.
Our teams’ collective expertise includes all aspects of foreign investments, mergers and acquisitions and taxation advice, including:
- Overseas investment into Australia;
- Australian off-shore investments;
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) compliance;
- Mergers, acquisitions and takeovers;
- Joint venture projects;
- Real estate, property and business acquisitions;
- Agribusiness investment advice and services;
- Leasing / occupancy rights;
- Employment law;
- Trading terms and conditions;
- Intellectual property rights (IP), and
- Integrating IP into business, licensing and transferring IP.