A Director in the firm’s Business and Commercial practice group Kellie specialises in Wills and estate planning and estate administration.
Kellie joined Bennett & Philp as an Articled Clerk in June 2003. Kellie has over ten years of experience in succession planning, estate administration and property law.
Kellie obtains a sizable proportion of her work through referrals and clients who regard her as friendly and extremely thorough in her work.
Kellie is a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners). She has significant experience in drafting simple Wills to complex estate and business succession planning for various clients.
She has acted for numerous executors of Wills in relation to the administration of deceased estates. Her experience in dealing with estate administration work typically involves activities such as:
- Application for Probate and Letters of Administration
- Third party notification of deceased’s death
- Transmission of properties and other assets such as shares, units and investments to the beneficiaries or the executors
- Advising executors as to their obligations and duties
- Attending to collection of assets and payment of liabilities
- Attending to all matters relating to distribution of the estate.