As Managing Director of Bennett & Philp Lawyers, Lance is responsible for the strategic direction, growth and leadership of the firm. He also manages the Business & Commercial Team.
Lance represents clients across a broad range of industry sectors. His industry sector approach means he has a comprehensive undertanding of how businesses operate and the key drivers needed to achieve success and profits in business.
With a practical appoach to commercial law, Lance's experience in complex business transactions enables him to guide his clients through the entire lifecycle of their business. He is also very well equipped, with his experience and knowledge of business operations, to offer pragmatic solutions, legal and otherwise, for any challenges presented in business.
Clients who seek Lance's advice include public and private corporations, SME’s, sole traders, partnerships and trusts as well as not-for-profits, charitable entities and high net worth individuals.
Holding dual degrees in commerce and law, Lance has comprehensive experience across all key areas of corporate, commercial and personal business matters. With over 25 years of legal experience, clients seek his advice and guidance, as a trusted business and commercial law advisor, for a range of matters that include:
- Business sales and purchases;
- Business and corporate structuring;
- Competition and consumer law;
- Contract preparation and advice;
- Corporate advisory services;
- Corporations Act and ASIC compliance;
- Directors' duties;
- Due diligence;
- Food and beverage manufacturing;
- Global investment;
- Insurance law: public and general liability matters, product liability and ISR;
- Legislative compliance;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Partnerships and alliances;
- Professional risk and indemnity;
- Shareholder and partnership agreements;
- Tax law, and
- Wine, vineyard and liquor laws.