Bennett & Philp Lawyers is expanding, with staff growth, the expansion of some legal practice areas and the addition of new practice areas.
Managing Director Lance Pollard says the firm, which has built a national reputation as a premier, mid-tier Queensland law firm, has enjoyed a growth phase over the past year and has expanded several of its practice areas.
Bennett & Philp now employs 69 staff, with 11 Directors and 39 legal professionals featured on the firm’s website. The firm’s range of legal services spans areas such as Business and Commercial Law, Intellectual Property Law, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Law, and Personal Legal Services (Injury Compensation).
Lance says significant growth has been recorded in the practice areas of Health law; Family law; Employment and Autolaw.
Meanwhile the firm has broadened its range of areas of service this year to also now encompass:
- Airport property development and leasing;
- Construction infrastructure, administration and disputes;
- Building and construction disputes;
- Expansion of Insolvency and bankruptcy services;
- Information and Cyber security;
- Industrial relations expanded from employment law services;
- Elder law (wills and estates);
- Elder abuse (litigation);
- Tourism, hotels and hospitality;
- Wine, vineyards and liquor;
- Food and beverage manufacturing;
- Tax law;
- Motorsport, and
- Global investment.
Lance Pollard says while many Australian law firms pursue growth through amalgamations and acquisitions, Bennett & Philp preferred to achieve growth through diversification of its practice areas.
With this in mind the firm has increased legal and administrative staff numbers over the past year.
“The additional staff will be crucial in facilitating further expansion and new practice areas within the firm,” he says.
“Bennett & Philp is well positioned to serve the growing legal needs of Queenslanders in the coming years. It’s also important to remember we are not a branch office of an interstate firm. We are wholly Queensland owned and based”.