Lawyer Tim Sheehan is a member of the Intellectual Property (IP) Team at Bennett & Philp Lawyers.
Tim has advanced skills in researching and summarising legal matters and in appraising contractual clauses, identifying risk and providing advice on mitigating any contractual risks in IP law. He applies his legal skills to a broad range of IP matters the Team handles, including:
- Patent, trade mark, design and copyright infringements and litigation;
- Misleading or deceptive conduct and passing off;
- Commercialisation of IP;
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements;
- Protection and misuse of confidential information, and
- IP employment issues, including:
- drafting employment agreements;
- disputes involving IP, and
- confidential information.
With dual Australian and United States of American citizenship, Tim brings his international experience and focus in biotechnology and the life sciences industries to the IP Team. Having worked and studied with a mix of entities, he has gained invaluable experience in the areas of:
- Medical devices;
- Molecular biology, and
In addition to his Bachelor of Laws, Tim also holds a Bachelor of Biotechnology Innovation with honours, is a JP and is studying his Masters of Intellectual Property Law.