Trade marks are a core asset of any business. Whether you are a trade mark owner looking to protect, commercialise or enforce your rights or someone who has been accused of infringing a trade mark, our Intellectual Property Team can advise and guide you to achieve your desired outcome in a cost effective and efficient manner.
If you are a trade mark owner or licensee looking to commercialise your rights, we can provide advice on structuring, legal arrangements and practical considerations to ensure the maximum level of protection for your rights.
We can provide you with comprehensive, plain English advice so that you know where you stand from any angle.
From practical and strategic advice to litigation, our Intellectual Property Team will be there with you every step of the way to achieve a commercially realistic resolution, as early as possible and in a cost efficient manner.
We have acted successfully in court proceedings for both large, multi-national companies and small business proprietors.
Our Intellectual Property Team have acted on a number of court actions that have become leading legal decisions within Australian trade mark law (including decisions at High Court of Australia level) such as:
- International Hair Cosmetics Group Pty Ltd v International Hair Cosmetics Ltd  FCA 339
- Food Channel Network Pty Ltd v Television Food Network GP  FCAFC 58
- Bing! Software Pty Ltd v Bing Technologies Pty Ltd  FCA 1760
- Health World Ltd v Shin-Sun Australia Pty Ltd  HCA 13
- Austin, Nichols & Co Inc v Lodestar Anstalt  FCA 39;  FCAFC 8